The Street Department has responsibility for the following:
- Maintaining 57 miles of paved streets
- Patching and Repairing of Asphalt and Concrete Streets, grading and graveling
- Snow and Ice Control
- Leaf pickup
The Village is requesting that leaves be placed on the terrace (grass area between sidewalk and street) and NOT on the street for the following reasons: Safety - obstruct traffic flow, Obstruction - block the normal drainage flow of water on the street and block storm sewer, and Extra Phosphorus - reduces this nutrient in our stormwater. If your property does not have a terrace place the leaves in your front lawn as close to the street as possible.
Note: Grass clippings and garden debris will be accepted as well in this collection. BRUSH WILL NOT. Items need to be under the size of an apple so not to clog the vacuum. For example – no pumpkins or pumpkin vines that are not cut up will be accepted. Keep leaves five feet away from polycarts, fire hydrants or any other structures.
Collection will continue until the snow accumulates or December 1st.
If you have any questions you can call (920) 423-3865.
Permits Issued By The Public Works Dept.
- Sidewalk/Apron/Curb/Culvert Permit - This permit is required for any work done in the public right-of-way; new and rehab aprons, new and rehab sidewalk, breaking out and replacing curb, and installing new and replacement culverts.
- Street Excavation Permit - This permit is required for any work to be done
inthe street, such as installing/repairing laterals and new utility installations.
- Sandwich Board Sign Application/Street Occupancy Permit - This application and permit
isrequired for downtown businesses wanting to place a sandwich board sign in front of their business.
- Block Party Permit Form - This permit is required for residents wishing to close a portion of a street for the purpose of a block party.
- Permit Fees - For permits issued by the Public Works Dept.
- Erosion Control Permit Form
- Erosion Control Fee Schedule
Roads Posted With Seasonal Weight Restrictions
- Click HERE to view roads.
Snow and Ice Control
Street Department Contacts
- Kent Taylor, Director of Public Works
- Jasen Surin, Operations Manager
Department of Public WorksVillage of Little Chute
108 West Main Street
Little Chute, WI 54140
Laura BraatzPublic Works Administrative Assistant
Phone: (920) 423-3865
HoursMonday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
(closed on major holidays)