What happens if I don't pay my forfeiture?

a. The Court may send you to jail if you do not pay your forfeiture and court costs. 

b. The Court may also suspend your driving privileges for failure to pay.  

c. Your debt may be referred to Wisconsin State Debt Collection - pursuant to section 71.93(8), Wisconsin Statutes. A delinquent collection fee of 15% of the unpaid balance or $35.00, whichever is greater, will be added to your account.

If you feel you are indigent or financially unable to pay, you are entitled to an Indigence Hearing. It is your responsibility to request an Indigence Hearing (in writing) within 10 days of the first missed payment. At the hearing, you will be required to provide documentation to show the court your financial status, including tax returns from the prior 2 years.  

Show All Answers

1. Can I get a copy of my police report?
2. Can I speak with the judge prior to the hearing?
3. How do I determine what my driving status is?
4. If my Driver's License is suspended, how do I get it back?
5. What happens if I don't appear at a hearing or trial?
6. What happens if I don't pay my forfeiture?
7. Will I get a receipt for my court payment?