Village of Little Chute Fire Commission
Meetings of the Fire Commission
The Little Chute Fire Commission meets quarterly on the 2nd Monday of the month in February, May, September, and November at 5:45 p.m. at the Safety Center.
Members of the Little Chute Fire Commission
The Fire Commission consists of five (5) citizen members who each serve a three (3) year term. Appointments are made by the Village President and approved by the Village Board at the Village's organizational meeting held the 3rd week in April.
- Carl Peeters - Chair - Current Term - 2016 to 2019 Email: email@example.com
- Rosie Hietpas - Current Term 2016 to 2019
- Richard Schevers - Current Term 2015 to 2018
- Scott Schommer - Current Term 2014 to 2017
- Bill Verhagen - Current Term 2015 to 2018
Duties of the Fire Commission
- To conduct original entrance examinations for those seeking employment in the Fire Department at the lowest ranks and to prepare an eligibility list from the applicants successful in the examinations, including establishment of requirements for eligibility for employment. The actual appointments will be made by the Fire Chief from the Commission's eligibility list.
- To conduct examinations for specialized or supervisory positions when such positions cannot be filled to advantage by promotion and to open such examinations to the general public.
- To approve or disapprove the appointments made by the Fire Chief.
- To appoint the Fire Chief.
- To conduct hearings on discharge or disciplinary actions within the Fire Department.
- To sue or be sued when necessary to carry out an express power of duty.